A Mother-in-Law's Wedding Day Vows
by Vivian Dennis
Daughter-in-law, loved by my son, chosen by God--welcome to the family and to our hearts. From this day forward, with God's help, I promise ...
- I will love you in the same way Jesus loves me. (Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 3:8,9)
- I will allow you to be the uncontested first lady in my son's life. (Genesis 2:24)
- I will be patient and kind, never arrogant--giving no advice unless you ask for it. (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- I will do nothing from a selfish motive. (Philippians 2:3)
- I will give you the benefit of the doubt in everything. (1 Corinthians 13:7)
- I will seek (i.e., vigorously pursue) peace in our relationships. (1 Peter 3:11; Romans 12:18)
- I will talk to my God about your shortcomings--not to my son, not to my friends, not to my prayer group. (1 Timothy 5:13)
- I will dwell only on those things about you that are excellent and worthy of praise. (Philippians 4:8).
- I will pray for your regularly. (Philippians 4:6).
- I will, by God's grace and power, set for you and example of godliness. (Titus 2:3-5)